woop I’m now a member 😝😘
I am the ULTIMATE Slacker!
I have been going through some shizzle recently so I haven’t been in the mood to write any blog posts, but I’M BACK and I’M READY!
I want to start this post to wish you guys a ‘happy Easter’ seeing as today is the day we get to munch on chocolate and have a bloody good excuse to do so!
I hope you all have had a fab day and are ready to enjoy the extra day off work tomorrow! Yay!
But anyway, seeing as it’s Easter I thought i’d make a little bit of an effort.
I dont wear make up that often as I’m always in a rush to get to work in the mornings and can never be bothered to get up that extra bit earlier to put a full face on but when I do I admit I take A LOT of selfies! My friends call me the selfie queen there’s that many!
And so, here was my makeup today and what I call my ‘Sweet Sunday’ look.
LIPS – ELF matte lip colour In ‘TEA ROSE’ £3.95
MAC lipstick in ‘FROST’ £15.00
I used Tea Rose on the outer edges of my lips like you would a lip liner and then in the centre I used ‘Frost’ to create a soft ombré look.
EYES – The Vintage Co eyelashes in Betty – these lashes are the best ones I have ever had I am in LOVE with them.
LOREAL exaggerate waterproof eye definer in ‘NOIR’ and smudge for softness £3.99
INGLOT 14m eyebrow brush £10.00
ELF wet gloss lash and brow formula £1.95
ELF professional eyeliner brush £1.95
Natural Collection eyeshadow in ‘ASTEROID’ £1.99 (might be discontinued)
Maxfactor Miracle Touch liquid illusion foundation in ‘WALM ALMOND’ £7.99
Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply.
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder in ‘HONEY’ £1.95
Real Techniques Contour brush to apply.
ELF Baked Blush in ‘PINKTASTIC’ £3.95
You will see I’ve used a few elf products for this look. I placed my first ELF order last month and I have a Haul post in draft which I really need to finish but I will post it shortly I promise 🙂
Let me know if any of you have tried ELF products and what you think of the brand, any recommendations etc.
Kelly x ❤ x
This morning I woke up to a lovely little surprise from Claire of bellasignorablog .
She nominated me for the liebster blog award!
Being a new blogger I was unsure what this was so I turned to my best friend for advice – google!
I found that it is similar to that of a chain letter but a great opportunity to meet other bloggers. The idea is to nominate 11 new bloggers who have under 200 followers. The nominee then answers eleven questions set by the person who nominated them and also invites them to give 11 random facts about themselves.
Talking of new bloggers, Whilst we are on the subject, I would just like to say I am so grateful to every single one of my followers and also to whoever is reading this for following me or looking at my blog and helping me to grow.
So here they are, the answers to my questions set by Claire…
1) Why did you start blogging?
The main reason I started ‘my ownkindofbeautifulx’ was to give me something to do in my spare time, and also to make some new friends.
2) What sets your blog apart from the rest?
Now, I know it’s just another blog about fashion and beauty, however it’s different from the rest because it’s MINE!! there is only one me in this crazy world and my personality will shine through on my blog.
3) Which are your favourite blogs?
I’ve been on YouTube for years and I have followed so many Youtubers/bloggers. The very first ones I followed were Beautycrush (Sammi) Uglyfaceofbeauty (GracieFrancesca) and Mykindofbeauty (Karrisx) and to this day they’re all still the first ones I watch when I go on to YouTube so definitely got to be my faves!
4) Aside from blogging, what are your main interests?
My passion is singing.
I sing in the shower, I sing In the car, I sing at my desk, I sing my sentences when I talk, I just LOVE it!
You can check me out on YouTube, I will leave the link below:
Hollyoaks is my absolute favourite soap! I’m obsessed! I would LOVE to go on the tour of the set and meet the cast (especially dodger and Freddie!) #hotties
I play computer games and have got the old school consoles playstation 1 & sega megadrive – forget the new ones it’s all about the old!!
5) If you could invite any three people to a dinner party, who would they be and why?
1) Beyoncé – because she’s AMAZING!
2) Khloe Kardashian – because she’s bloody hilarious
3) Pharrell – just so I could stare at him all night 😍
6) Where would you most like to visit that you haven’t been to yet? Vegas!!! – it’s on my to do list!!
7) Who is your style icon? Kim K because she is curvy like me with big hips and she inspires me to love my curves.
8)If you were given £100 to spend on one thing, what would it be and why? It would go in my savings towards my wedding 👰
9) What was your favourite childhood program? gosh this is hard I have LOADS!! But my fave is probably the queens nose or the demon headmaster (he scared the crap outta me)
10) Have you ever collected anything in the past, and if so, what? stamps, stickers and beanie babies!!!
11) If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be and why?
A police officer so I can perform an arrest! #dreamjob
11 RaNdOM fAcTs AbOuT mE!!
1) I love anything to do with crime, murder and investigation! I really WISH I had joined the police. I find it so interesting. Crimewatch is my favourite programme.
2) My dad calls me ‘tinks’ – I have no idea why!
3) I’m engaged to my gorgeous hubby-to-be Kane
4) I twitch majorly in my sleep
5) I have social anxiety
6) White tigers are my favourite animals. I would love one as a pet.
7) I used to be a tomboy with a skateboard and rollerblades
8) My first pet was a fish called fish
9) I have 3 keloid scars on my chest
10) I had eye laser surgery 5 years ago
11) I’m tongue tied
MY ELEVEN NOMINEES
❤ EllsLouise www.ellslouise.blogspot.com
❤ hollies pampurlounge www.holliespampurlounge.com
❤ Is It Just Meme www.isitjustmeme.blogspot.com
❤ JadeBradyMakeup www.jadebradymakeup.blogspot.com
❤ Lorilee's London www.lorileeslondon.blogspot.co.uk
❤ Lucy Jane www.lucyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk
❤ Maggie S Makeup www.maggies-makeup.com
❤ Miller and Max www.millerandmax.com
❤ Natasha's Wonderland www.natashaswonderland.blogspot.ie
❤ Saffron Tinted Glasses www.saffrontintedglasses.blogspot.se
❤ JRDNSMITH www.jrdnsmth.blogspot.com
11 questions for my nominees :
1) how would you describe your personal style?
2) do you have a nickname?
3) what’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
4) what was your favourite programme when you were a child?
5) If your life was a movie, what would the title be?
6) what made you start your blog?
7) what music do you like?
8) what are your main interests?
9) if your life was a movie, what actor would you get to play you and why?
10) What’s your favourite food?
11) what is your favourite quote?
Hope you enjoyed reading this post and don’t forget to check out all the lovely blogs above!
Follow me on bloglovin’ too!!!
Link is below 🙂
Now you’re here you might as well get to know me a little
I’m not going to bore you with a full essay on my first post but here’s a few facts about me and why I have started this blog…
Job: full time debt collector
Hobbies: make up, fitness, fashion, shopping, singing, cooking, being in love ❤️ and being happy and to add to all that I now introduce my exciting new blog ‘own kind of beautifulx’.
Relationship Status: Engaged 💍 to my gorgeous fiancé Kane ( I will do a cute little blog post about our engagement and how the proposal couldn’t have been anymore PERFECT! Hehe…
Blog Info: ‘own kind of beautifulx’ will include a variety of fashion, beauty, lifestyle and cookery posts! I created it as a means to meet new people and interact with the blogging world and also to promote that you should be yourself and that you are beautiful and no amount of makeup is needed to make someone beautiful as beauty comes from within.
I have followed various Bloggers and Youtuber’s for years such as @beautycrush (beautycrush.co.uk), @uglyfaceofbeauty (graciefrancesca.com) and @karrisx (mykindofbeauty) just to name a few and thought I would pluck up the courage to give it a go myself.
Thank you for checking out my blog and I’m Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Ciao for now!
all because the lady loves Beau Boutique
Unprofessional Relationship Councilor, WannaBe World Traveler, Trial and Error Cook, and Almost Famous Whatchamacallit
Just a girl from Jerusalem with views and opinions
Science - Simplified
My journey - The good, bad and the ugly
<3 A Blog Of All Things B.E.A.U.T.Y * All Things F.A.S.H.I.O.N * And E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G In Between <3
lifestyle and fashion
Sharing my passion for cooking and baking ♡
I like to write about pretty things...
A Digital Nomad Family - Raising a Global Citizen
Masked mental health campaigner
My life, my style,my way